Cost savings for preparing DHW
Apart from heating the building, heating DHW is the second largest expense in a family budget. After more than 25 years on the market, today it goes without saying that a heat pump is the most economical way of heating DHW. The costs comparison of heating DHW for an average Slovenian family with various energy sources proves the above statement. The cheapest way of heating DHW is closely followed by solar collectors (SSE) if they are placed in an ideal position. This is only true until we compare the investment. The investment into SSE is usually 2 x higher than an investment into a DHW heat pump.
6 reasons to choose a heat pump for heating DHW?
- Savings with the heating costs of more than four times.
- The most ecologically friendly heating method – lowers CO2 emissions for more than 62%.
- Very short return of investment – 6 to 7 years, if we subtract the cost for the boiler which we need in any case, the return period is lowered for a couple of years more.
- In addition to heating DHW, we also get free basement, storage or small space cooling.
- Possibility for independent operation all year round or connection to any kind of heating furnace – some independent DHW heat pumps have a serially built pipe register. A particularly popular version is the combination with the wood or biomass furnace – it is not worth to fire it up in the heat of the summer and thus households without a heat pump were frequently left with no hot water in the summer.
- In comparison with solar collectors, the investment is two times smaller, there is hot water throughout the year, and there are no problems during installation and maintenance.
Yearly costs of heating DHW.